health insuranceWhen we start a family, along with happiness, responsibilities also get doubled. This is why the majority of people start investing after they get married or when they become parents. Likewise, we should also pay attention to the expenses that are needed during medical emergencies. As a matter of fact, having a medical emergency is nothing uncommon but the hospital bills in one such situation surely make a hole in the pockets. We certainly cannot avoid getting the right treatment in the best possible hospital but we can find out ways to save some money on the bills. Wondering how? Well, the answer is by buying a health insurance policy.
And as you want your entire family to be covered, you must go for a family health insurance plan. There are actually several options for family health insurance plans. All that you need to do is to find the right one. The best thing is you do not even need to visit several insurance offices to find the best family health insurance policy and instead can do it from the comfort of your home.
Some of the top health insurance policies suitable for families
Let us today discuss some of the health insurance policies that are suitable for families.
Oriental General Insurance – Happy Family Floater
- This family floater health insurance plan provides coverage for the entire family such as self, spouse, kids, parents, and even parents-in-laws
- This family health insurance plan comes in two variants as Gold and Silver
- As per the Gold variants, a daily hospital cash benefit is provided by the policy, and for a maximum of 10 days the sum assured limit will be 0.1%
- Under the Gold option, an attendant allowance will also be provided, provided if the child admitted is less than 10 years. INR 500 will be paid for a maximum period of 10 days
- Under both variants, ambulance charges are covered.
Max Bupa – Heartbeat Family First (Gold)
- Even if any of the insured people are admitted to the in-patient care, the medical treatment expenses are covered
- Pre, as well as post-hospitalization, are covered under the plan. The pre-hospitalization is covered 30 days before being hospitalized, and post-hospitalization is covered for up to 60 days after being discharged from the hospital
- Maternity benefits along with expenses related to the newborn are covered under this plan. There is no need to pay anything extra for the newborn.
- The vaccination charges for the newborn are covered under this plan
- Irrespective of age, each of the family members can be insured under this plan. There is no age limit in this plan
- A cashless facility is provided in less than 4 hours at any of the network hospitals
ICICI Lombard – Complete Health Insurance
- The plan does not have a concept of any maximum entry age. Also, the policyholder does not have to undergo any medical screening if their age is less than 46 years
- From children in the family to the parents, all are covered under this policy. While buying the policy, at least one proposer has to be more than 18 years
- Costs like in-patient hospitalization for 24 hours are covered under this plan. This also includes surgeon fees, drug expenses, room rents, etc.
- Pre-hospitalization is covered for 30 days before being admitted to the hospital, and post-hospitalization is covered up to 60 days after being discharged from the hospital
- The cashless facility can be availed in more than 4000 network hospitals.
To find more such health insurance plans for families, you can visit the website of IIFL. You will also be able to make a comparison and then make an informed decision.